Let’s make childhood hunger history.
Your contribution – of any amount- can make a significant difference to a food insecure child. But it’s not just about the meals. When you give to these students, you’re giving hope. Relief. Peace of mind. Not just to them, but also to their families.
The need is great, but the impact your generosity can make is astonishing.
Need to see numbers? Here’s the breakdown:
- $25 feeds 1 hungry child for their winter break + provides a Personal Care Kit
- $50 feeds 2 children for their winter break + provides 2 Personal Care Kits
- $100 feeds 4 children for their winter break + provides 4 Personal Care Kits
- $150 feeds 6 children for their winter break + provides 6 Personal Care Kits
Our Winter Break Bags in 2021 will include:
- 7 breakfasts
- 7 lunches
- A bag of fresh cheese sticks
- A bag of beef sticks
- A bag of fresh fruit
- A coupon for a half-gallon of white milk
- A one-of-a-kind card, handmade by a child, wishing them a happy winter break.
- A Personal Care Kit
Concerned about nutrition? So are we.
We work closely with our partner food pantries to offer as many healthy choices as possible, utilizing low-sodium soups, low-sugar cereals, fresh fruits, and canned fruits in juice. We try to offer 2-3 options for each meal, snack and fruit so the children can pick what they like best. Since many of our students are home alone while their parents are working, we keep our meals easy to prepare, so they can feed themselves.
NEW FOR 2021:
This year we are excited to offer Personal Care Kits, to help our students stay healthy, particularly during winter in Wisconsin. Our Personal Care Kits will include:
- Cough Drops
- Facial Tissues
- Conditioner (if needed)
- Band-aids OR deodorant OR feminine hygiene products, per each student’s needs
It’s not about hunger; it’s about hope. It’s never been easier to make a difference in the life of a child, and we hope you’ll join us in spreading the solution.
If you’re ready, click below to give .